Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Art of the Selfie

I am notoriously guilty of pausing my life to take a selfie. But ya know what? It used to take a lot of talent and months to create a self portrait. Now, with iPhone in hand, I can perfectly capture my mood, my attitude and my day with a half second shutter snap. 
Yes, half of them are silly faced snapchats. And another good chunk of them are deleted because my hair decided to be uncooperative. Actually most are deleted because we tend to be our biggest critics. 
But then there are those perfect pictures, including serious stares, funny faces, or confident smirks. We* all take them at some point. Or have been in one at least.
These are some of my favorites.

 
Luna loves me I swear. 

My nephews who are the coolest kids I know. Also looking into the sun so that's not helpful. 

The Kid and I taking a snapchat. Another awesome tiny human. 

Half the siblings enjoying some canoeing. 

So as you can see, selfies are not all duckfaced, overly tanned and bleached girls. They are just like every other photo trying to forever keep everything you were thinking, feeling, or experiencing; it's just that instead of being behind the camera, you're in front. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment